- Third child and eldest son of Alvin and Ellen Deater.
- May 27, 1910 to January 25, 1979
- Married to Charlotte Thompson February 20, 1944
- Four children: Ellen, Joan, Larry, and Chris
- Four grandchildren and 2 (+) great grandchildren
Harvey initiated, and supported research into the “Deater Disease,” often serving as a research subject. He was a valuable resource for doctors around the country. His legacy includes the research that is being done today and the cure that will come in the future.